Smart phone reinvented for a safer home
If you look for home security-related news, you’d be surprised how many burglaries are reported on a daily basis. Wherever you live, everybody knows somebody whose house has been broken into. The question is can you quantify such data? Is there a way to know your enemy better?
As it turned out, you can! Here is a breakdown of burglary in the United States.
1. Burglaries are committed most often by young males under 25 years of age looking for items that are small, expensive, and can easily be converted to cash for living expenses and drugs.
2. A burglary occurs in the United States every 14 seconds. Most residential burglaries occur between 10 AM and 3 PM when people are at work or school.
3. Burglaries cost 4,6 billion in lost and damaged property every year. Favorite items to steal include jewelry, guns, watches, laptops, DVRs, DVDs, and other small electronics.
4. Police clear about 13% of all reported burglaries and rarely catch the thief in the act.
5. Burglaries happen fast! Thieves usually spend 8-12 minutes in your home.
Surprisingly enough, having an alarm doesn’t always help, as the high rate of false alarms means slower police response time (the boy who cried wolf!). Some home security system only sends you footage every half an hour. By then, the burglars are long gone!
The solution is simple. Install Alfred and turn on motion detection! Alfred sends you a push notification when it detects action. If anything is wrong, you can ask for police intervention on time.
6. Burglars use anything from screwdrivers and hammers to pliers and crowbars to enter your home through the windows or doors.
Where they break in… (in other words, where you need Alfred the most)
34%: front door
23%: ground window
22%: back door
6%: storage areas
2%: second floor
Can you believe a third of the thieves walk straight through your front door??!
Do you need inspiration for setting up Alfred? Check out Alfred’s 100 Poses on our Facebook page. Need more help? Drop us an email. We always try our best to help! Let us help you keep your home safe!
Android app, video monitoring, baby monitor, baby cam, nanny camera, nanny cam, CCTV alternative, home security camera, IP camera, IP cam, IPcam, security cam, web cam, wifi camera, DropCam, Drop Cam, budget, affordable, best solution, best cam, wifi cam, easy to install, easiest, setup, Gazelle, refurbished phones, second hand phones, smartphones, broken phones, used phones, recycle smartphones, repurpose smartphones, cheap, free home security, elderly care, pet home alone, home care, distant care, home healthcare, elderly healthcare, day care, child care, package theft, stolen packages, unattended delivery, stolen parcels, parcel theft, prevent parcel theft, neighborhood watch, ALS, Parkinson’s Disease, alzheimer’s disease, motion detection, trust circle, IPCAM app, IP cam app, turn your old phone into security camera, turn your Android phone into baby monitor, make your Android devices spy camera